Saturday, August 2, 2014

Coastal Scents haul/swatches/mini reviews + NOTD + OOTD.

I'm warning you now, picture over-freaking-load.


Sinful Colors in Mint Apple. I do not like this color. It looks better in this picture than it does in person, lol. It's too frosty for me. The color just reminds of winter time :| Oh I got the nail art stuff at Sally's. Eh, I also clipped my nails wayyy too short!


Now on to my
Coastal Scents haul!


I got 3 palettes. I kind of wish I got the Metal Mania palette now but the colors look too metallic-y for me :/ Too many decisions!


Everything was packaged so nicely! Tons of tissue paper & bubble wrap.
Oh, it says to wash your brushes with soap & water before using them. Did I do that? No. :)



I got the Pink Kabuki Brush & the Italian Badger Deluxe Crease brush. THEY'RE SO SOFT! Omg. I love them. I want to get more brushes from Coastal Scents. There wasn't any fall out either.


The one thing that I love about Coastal Scents is that they always give you a sample with your purchase. & I really like mine :)


This is the Glo Bronzer/Blush sample. I really like the color of it =) ...BUT I don't think I'll use this much. I don't like shimmery bronzers. I'll try it out & see how I like it.


This is the Ultra Shimmer Palette. This picture really does suck but I'm lazy & for now, this is all you guys get! Hahah. I haven't used any of the 88 palettes yet. They're so pigmented! I can't wait to play around with this bad boy. =)

But as you can see, one of the pots fell out! It was like that when I opened it. :(


But no damage done! :D I just put double sided tape on it & then stuck that sucker back in. I would've used my hot glue gun but I was feeling so lazy that day, ahah.
I really hope that nothing else falls out later on!


The 88 Piece one. You can tell that most of the shadows are matte but there's a couple shimmers in there as well. Same great pigmentation as the 88 Ultra Shimmer!


The 28 Piece Neutral Palette, like I need anymore neutral eye shadows!!!! :P
I'll be honest, I got this palette for the deep brownish/burgundy color (top right corner) LOL. That color just really stuck out to me! I didn't want to get the Hot Pots either so I just threw this in :) The slots for these are way bigger than the 88 palettes. I'd say they're a little smaller than those 50 cent coins.



I had to grab me some micas & pigments! =)


Castilla Eye Shadow Sample. I really don't like this color at all & I regret getting this one >___< ....I just wrote a shit load & it got erased 'cause the stupid HTML blogger uses. FACK. kasjdaksdjaklsdjakls ... Okay, anyways. What the heck should I do with this? Do any of you guys want it? I only swatched it once; other than that, I never used it. Bleh.
L-R: Amethyst Mica Powder, Misterioso Bronze, Metallic Pearl Honey Tan, Santa Bronze Mica Powder, Oriental Beige Mica, Opal Tan Mica, Paradise Sand Mica, Paradise Tropic Bronze, Eye Shadow Sample - Callista.


Oh & I guess I forgot to take a picture of the True Black Gel Liner I got. Oh well. I really like the texture of the liner, it's really creamy & smooth. But, the liner may be too creamy for my oily eyelids & 100 degree weather. I wore it out today, with UDPP, it still ended up smudging. I didn't have this problem with my HIP Cream Eyeliner :/ But, I did get a bad liner from HIP & it ended up drying out very quickly. Eh, I'll see about this liner. I'm going to try it out again.

Except a ton of EOTDs now, haha. I am seriously not going to get anymore makeup after this! Except for some lipstick & glosses :)

Sorry for the freaking huge post.
Oh yeah, giveaway is closed. I'll pick the winner tonight when I get the chance. I'm slackin'!
I hope to have another giveaway soon! I can't believe I have over 300 followers. I remember when I had only had like 1, LOL. Thank you guys, you are amazing!!!
xxoo.



24 comments:

ahoymichelle said...

Holy moly. I was hesitant to get Coastal Scent stuff because if I buy one thing I might end up going over board. I love the pigmentation of the eyeshadows! I especially love looking at the palette itself.

Unfortunately I can't even rock colors that aren't natural colors. Either that or I just fail at applying/blending all together. Haha :)

Jaimee said...

I've never bought from CS because their shipping can get expensive for me because I live in Canada. Nice haul, although I have to disagree with you about Callista because it is gorg!

Unknown said...

That's a LOT of eyeshadows!! :) But you can do so much with them, right? :D The shimmery palette should be fun!! :)

Denysia Yu said...

Wow, that's a huge coastal scents haul! I've yet to order anything from them, but I want to! :D

△▾christine▴▽ said...

uooo so many fun colors to paint with :P
i like your "jerk" reference, lol you're so funny sometimes.

i've enjoyed your outfit posts as of late, please post more!! :D

Marie said...

Can I just say that you look so adorable on the 2nd picture!?:D So cute!:D

I love CS too, but for the pink kabuki, it was soft at first but after a few washes, it's not as soft anymore. For the price, it's still okay.:D

http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com/
BEAUTY. FASHION. DESIGN.
...and everything girly under the sun!

Alice @ NailsbyAlice said...

cute stuff in the third pic! :) huge make up haul :)

-mztoots- said...

i love coastal scents but the shipping to Canada is just wayyy too expensive! I envy you guys in the states lol you have all the fun stuff =P

Unknown said...

The amethyst mica and callista samples are gorgeous!
id so love one of the 88 palettes *_* the range in them looks great

Clara Campelo said...

amazing pics
i love it!
xx

Nicol said...

love the green nail polish! i dont usually like green but this wows me
loving the simple outfit and the swatches are amazing :)

Joanna said...

i love your nail colour, perfect for suummer! im going to get myself a similar colour very soon after my summer exams =)
i really like your outfit also...its really suits you ^___^

Unknown said...

Great haul!!
I also have two coastal scents palettes and I think they are amazing!
Love the nail polish

Angelique said...

Yay great buys!! I still need to grab me some palettes from CS but I'm still undecided. Plus I have a lot of other eyeshadows to play with still. haha

Very cute outfit & love the decal on your nail!

Anonymous said...

awww i wanna thisss pallette soo much too.. lol
idk why i never buy this pallette :D
neutral pallette looks soo nice, where did u bought them all ? ebay ? gimmieeee link.. ! hehe
hehe i think that gold looks soo nice. U use for night out right ? :)
love ur nail polishess, and ootd!! :D

Skinny Fat Stacy said...

Yooo, you are too fucking cuteeee! <3 the outfit! Oh, and I <3 Italian Badger brushes from CS! My favorites! My other favorite is the synthetic buffer brush. LOVE!

Hershley's Sweet Kiss said...

What GREAT PICTURES!! I want that kabuki pink brush!! its soo cute! I love your outfit in the second picture is sooo cute! im inspired! i have the 88 matte palette only and i hate how dry the colors look on my skin. So i decided my next palette will be from MAC...i want to make the 16 color one when i get some more money. LOL ahaha your are too cute and funny on the part where it delete why you hate the gold looking pigment(Castilla Eye Shadow Sample) ..LOL GIVE IT TO ME!! lol put it in a 44 cent envolope and mail it to me in FLORIDA!(Kinda serious) lol

I love your blog!! check out mine at: http://sweetkissmessage.blogspot.com/

chrisjinkim said...

I'm in debate if I should get the coastals! I have so much fun using my friends'

serenadeveryday said...

Sucks that you don't like the color but it looks pretty in the picture. I really like the star decor on your ring finger. SOOO CUTE!

I like your outfit. Love the loose white T paired with the hot pink skirt.

Coastal Scents!! Is amazing! That happened to one of my shadows as well. It popped out the 2nd time I used it. Luckily it didn't chip or anything.


<3s Serena.

Anonymous said...

what a cute outfit!

awesome haul there!!

Sara Mari said...

I love your pink it's very cute and looks great on you^^ I agree, chubby/stubby fingers are gross XP

What a great haul, so many nice items! ^^

noone said...

!! ohh I LOVE your pink skirt! the color looks so popping on you!

NANCYXO said...

cute polish! love it.

xo nancy

xbbkay said...

damn, i love the haul. LOL. i never got around to purchasing any costal scent palettes yet, gosh i'm so behind. BUT i HATE waitng to recieve things in the mail, the wait KILLS ME. LOL.

the kabuki brush is cute, i almost thought it was from Too Faced cosmetics, because i think they have a pink one similar to that. Coastal scent brushes aren't bad, i like the italian badger line.

Have fun playing with the palettte. Can't wait to see what you will come up with !